Supporting Community Cancer Caregivers
Thank you for choosing to support Community Cancer Caregivers (CCC).
Community Cancer Caregivers purpose is to provide relief of financial & social hardships for families with a cancer diagnosis by providing up to 4 hours per week, no-cost care giving and practical support services, during periods of doctor appointments, treatment or convalescence.
We have a vision of a community where a parent diagnosed with cancer no longer feels isolated during a cancer diagnosis, but is supported in their community, by the community.
Fundraise in your community
All funds raised go directly to providing support for cancer patients and their family within your community. CCC does not have employees and there are no payments made to any Directors.
As we are a new charity, fundraising from the general public will be the principal method of having the necessary resources to provide our services to those who need them.
If you would like to support CCC by organising your own community fundraising event, we would love to hear from you and make sure that your fundraising event is a success; our team is here to give you all the support you need.
We have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ready and waiting to raise the profile of your fundraising event and help promote your event. We would also love to hear from you about any fundraising activities that you are hosting!
All money you raise will help provide our volunteers with the necessary training skills and equipment to make a difference in the lives of a family dealing with cancer.
Our Core Values
Where do I start?
- Step 1: Well done - this is now complete, you have chosen to help us (thank you)! Be clear about what you are fundraising for. Keep it simple, so that everyone can understand both the cause and what the money will go towards. If you are comfortable to use a more personal story to share why you are carrying out the fundraiser.
- Step 2: Choose an amount of money you would like to raise.
- Step 3: Choose an event that will help you reach your target and enlist people to help you out. Encourage everyone involved to use their social media platforms to tell all your friends & family what you are doing. You can share some photos that are relevant to the planning..
- Step 4: Plan your budget. You will need to raise funds above and beyond the amount you’re going to spend. A budget will help keep your costs in perspective and get more for your money. Make sure it includes every single detail. Always leave a little room in your budget for the unpredictables. Better to exceed your goals than have them eaten into by unforeseen expenses. Set up a fundraising page to do this that saves you having to handle any cash, and it means that friends and family far away can also donate.
- Step 5: But don’t advertise until you have the event date, time and venue secured (if applicable). Try and give as much notice as possible so that people have enough time in advance to attend.
Most importantly, please enjoy the event!
Promote your Event
For a charity event or fundraiser, spreading the word is crucial — it directly affects your ability to meet and exceed your goals. Use the free tools like Facebook or Twitter to advertise your event. If you have a local newspaper you could place an add (most newspapers offer free advertising for charity events).
Do and Don’ts (the legalities)
The great thing about personal fundraising is that anyone can create a fundraising page to raise money for someone in need.
If you will be serving food, in most cases you will be required to have a temporary food service permit. By checking with your local health department as soon as possible, you can find out whether you need one or not. Some events do not require a permit.
If in doubt about your event you can contact us directly we will be happy to advise you. Please get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
One thing we must stress is: Any event in our name is not covered under the Community Cancer Caregivers Insurance Policy.
Donation (Payment) Details
You can lodge cash donations into our bank directly:
Bank Name: AIB
Or alternatively please see donations options on our Donate page.
Thank you so much for your commitment and kindness. It is helping us to help others.
We could not operate without donations from the public. What you are doing is amazing and shows great community spirit. We are truly thankful from the bottom of our hearts.